Bible Reading Bookmark (Starting with the Creation)
Bible Reading Hints
When you start reading the Bible, begin with the following books:
Every time you read begin with prayer: Ask God to help you to understand what you will read.
Answer the questions (see other side) to learn from the text.
Share with others or make notes about your thoughts, questions and what God is telling you.
Discovery Bible Study as a group
- 1. How are you?
- 2. Accountability
- What did you put into practice from last time?
- 3. Thanksgiving
- What good things did you experience last week? Praise God.
- 4. Read
- the passage together. Ask God for his help to understand it.
- 5. Re-tell
- the passage together (without looking at it).
- 6. Answer
- the following questions about the passage:
|Head: What do we learn here? (About God / people / ...)|
|Heart: What touches my heart? (How did they feel? How do I feel about ... ?)|
|Hands: How can we apply this? (Example to follow? Who can we share this with?)|
- 7. Goals
- Set personal goals until next meeting.
- 8. Pray
- Take time to pray for each other.
- Stick to the Bible passage
- Let everyone participate
- Encourage each other