Dari is the variant of the Persian language spoken in Afghanistan. It is one of the two official languages there and spoken by around 13 million people. The different names Farsi in Iran and Dari in Afghanistan have mainly political reasons because both are mutually intelligible and differ only a bit in pronounciation and sometimes in vocabulary. For more information see Wikipedia:Dari language
Dari Bible translations
Since 2008 there is a translation of the whole Bible in Dari available.
The website http://www.afghanbibles.org is the main source where you can read it online, download PDF files and audio recordings of individual Bible books / chapters.
It is freely available in the following ways:
- Reading online:
- PDF files:
- Smartphone apps and software:
- The Sword Project (Android app: And Bible; for Windows and Linux: Xiphos; for Mac OS: Eloquent; other platforms and more software: complete overview): Text of the whole Bible. Select "درى" and then select "Dari Translation".
- YouVersion smartphone app: Text of the whole Bible, no recordings. Can be downloaded and is then available for offline use. Select "درى" in the language selection and then select "TDV08 (Today's Dari Version)".
- bible.is smartphone app: Text of the whole Bible, recordings of the New Testament. Select Dari ("درى") in the language selection and then select "Good News for a New Age Drama".
- Standalone Dari Bible app for Android: DariBible
- Complete overview: http://afghanbibles.org/eng/mobile-apps
- Audio Bible:
- Printed copies:
- Direct links:
- Jesus film: https://www.jesusfilm.org/watch/jesus.html/dari-2.html
- Magdalena film (Jesus film for women): https://www.jesusfilm.org/watch/magdalena.html/dari-2.html
- The Story of Jesus for Children: not available
- Overview of all available media on Jesus Film Media:
- Jesus Film Project official website: You can watch videos online or download them in low or high quality
- Jesus Film App (Android iOS): You can watch videos online or download them in low or high quality
Available training resources in Dari
The Persian resources are made in such a way that they're understandable both to Farsi and to Dari speakers, so you can use these: