Urdu (language code: ur; autonym: اردو) is spoken by around 150 million people mainly in Pakistan and some areas of India. It is usually written from right to left with Persian/Arabic script, but in India it is also sometimes written from left to right in Devanagari (Hindi) script. For more information see Wikipedia:Urdu
Urdu Bible translations
A recommendable Urdu Bible translation is the "Urdu Geo Version".
Urdu Geo Version
The website http://www.urdugeoversion.com/ is the main source for this translation where you can view or download it in PDF format and also find further information. It is also available in Devanagari (Hindi) script.
It is freely available in the following ways:
- Reading online:
- PDF files:
- Individual PDFs for each Bible book:Whole Bible
- Smartphone apps and software:
- The Sword Project (Android app: And Bible; for Windows and Linux: Xiphos; for Mac OS: Eloquent; other platforms and more software: complete overview): Text of the whole Bible. Select "اردو" and then select "UrduGeo".
- YouVersion smartphone app: Text of the whole Bible, no recordings. Can be downloaded and is then available for offline use. Select "اردو" in the language selection and then select "UGV".
- Standalone Urdu Bible app for Android: Kitab i Muqaddas
- Audio Bible:
- The life of Jesus: Download MP3 files from http://www.urdugeoversion.com/download/audio/
- Printed copies:
- Direct links:
- Jesus film: https://www.jesusfilm.org/watch/jesus.html/urdu.html
- Magdalena film (Jesus film for women): https://www.jesusfilm.org/watch/magdalena.html/urdu.html
- The Story of Jesus for Children: https://www.jesusfilm.org/watch/jfp-interests-student-resources.html/the-story-of-jesus-for-children/urdu.html
- Overview of all available media on Jesus Film Media:
- Jesus Film Project official website: You can watch videos online or download them in low or high quality
- Jesus Film App (Android iOS): You can watch videos online or download them in low or high quality
Available training resources in Urdu
There are no training resources available in Urdu yet.