Sorani or Central Kurdish (language code: ckb, autonym: کوردی = Kurdî or سۆرانی = Sorani) is a language from the Kurdish language family with around 8-10 million speakers. It is written in Persian script and thus read right-to-left. It is the official language of the autonomous Region of Kurdistan in Iraq.
Almost all Sorani speakers speak at least one more language (mostly Arabic) which is the official government language in their places. There is not very much written literature available. Additionally there are many regional dialects and the spelling is partly not standardized.
More details on Wikipedia: Wikipedia:Sorani
Sorani Bible translations
KSS (Kurdish Sorani Standard Version)
Some years ago this translation was finished and since 2017 also printed versions of the whole Bible exist. It has also been abbreviated as NRSV.
It is freely available in the following ways:
- Reading online:
- PDF files:
- Smartphone apps and software:
- The Sword Project (Android app: And Bible; for Windows and Linux: Xiphos; for Mac OS: Eloquent; other platforms and more software: complete overview): Text of the whole Bible. Select Kurdish, Central and then select OKSS.
- YouVersion smartphone app: Text of the whole Bible, recordings of the whole Bible. Can be downloaded and is then available for offline use. Select کوردیی ناوەندی in the language selection and then select KSS.
- Audio Bible:
- Printed copies:
- Ordering from Germany via  (select language: "Kurdisch-Sorani", order number OT: 4840300, order number NT: 4840500)
- Direct links:
- Jesus film: https://www.jesusfilm.org/watch/jesus.html/kurdi-sorani.html
- Magdalena film (Jesus film for women): https://www.jesusfilm.org/watch/magdalena.html/kurdi-sorani.html
- The Story of Jesus for Children: not available
- Overview of all available media on Jesus Film Media:
- Jesus Film Project official website: You can watch videos online or download them in low or high quality
- Jesus Film App (Android iOS): You can watch videos online or download them in low or high quality